Thursday, August 21, 2014

The Craziness Continues

I watched a short news report about what happened today for the "third selection process".

Before 9a.m., the line started under the hot sun.  People were given a number, like at a bank or a post office. By 10a.m., over 2,000 numbers were handed out.  Parents and students were then seated in the gym where both levels were filled to the brim.  The last report I heard was that before 12noon, there were already about 3,000 students who were trying to 'switch' school.  How many openings were there?  Only about 300 for Taipei City and a total of 540 for Taipei Area, including the outer suburbs.  Most of these students would be going back to their original school.

The reporter interviewed several parents. The comments most heard was -- what a mess this year... this is torture... we don't know what's going on...

By tomorrow, the schools will post who got in, who is on the waiting list and then I think the shuffling will stop.

But then I heard another piece of news that there might be yet another selection process -- what if one school had too many students leaving?  What about the private schools?

Isaiah has decided to stay put.  I feel as if I'm Moses' mother, pushing my sweet baby in a small ark into the Nile, wondering what will happen to him.  I think this quote from Beth Moore is so very appropriate!!


Seek Him First!

No comments:

Post a Comment