Wednesday, August 27, 2014

My Kids Are Growing Up Too Fast

I know this to be true -- my kids are growing up too fast -- but today I was struck with that thought once again.

This happened because I realized that I won't be seeing my kids as much as I was this past school year.

Both kids were part time homeschooled. They had cram school only two nights a week.  We were able to hang out quite a bit.

BUT this school year... WAHHHHHHHHHHHHH...

Isaiah will be at Nanhu Senior High School -- full time.  He has one night a week of cram school. But he practices on the tennis team every night until 6:30 or 7p.m.  On Saturday morning, he also has to practice from 8:30 to 11:30a.m.  In the afternoon, he has cram school from 1:30 to 5p.m.  He also has cram school on Sunday morning.  On some weekends, he will have to travel with the tennis team for school tournaments.

Abby will still be part time homeschooled. Yippy! But because of the high school entrance exam, she now has cram school four nights a week from 6:00 to 9:30p.m.  She has her youth group on Saturday afternoon.  She joined a special school dance group so they have practice almost every week on Saturday or Sunday morning.

We will continue to have our Friday Family Night and church service on Sunday afternoon.

Yet, I can see how things are changing... If they are busy now, I can't imagine what it will be like when they start dating (that would be after they start college)!!!!

I am already learning how to operate LINE and WECHAT.  I think in the future, these are going to be two ways that I will be communicating with my sweet kids...

Let me turn the clock back just for a moment --


Seek Him First.

No comments:

Post a Comment