Monday, April 18, 2016

Speech Contest and Singing Contest

The kids competed against each other for the school-wide speech contest. Abby didn't think she did well enough to be in the top three.  I was actually hoping that they both get into the top three. 

Then I spent the day trying to find out if Abby got into the singing contest. It turned out that since this was the school's first time to organize such a contest, they had no idea that more than 90 applicants came in! Abby sent a video of herself singing for 1-3 minutes. And we thought they'd be announcing on their web site the top 30. NOOOOOO... We totally misunderstood. They wanted each contestant to shorten their song from 3-5 minutes to 1-3 minutes. So, everyone is IN! That is going to be on April 26th! She will be going by herself! And it's about an hour away from Taipei.

So, overall, today was a very interesting day. I cooked. I worked on my future talks (I have three in May!) I went to pick up books for my new class. I put together the class syllabus. AND I had time to go for a run! God was amazing as it did not rain for the hour that I was out running.

Seek Him First!
Image result for Psalm 147:7

No comments:

Post a Comment