Friday, March 21, 2014

The Joy of Cooking

For tonight's dinner, Abby helped me make 5 ingredients meatloaf.  It's easy and super delicious.

Ground beef
Ketchup
BBQ sauce
Cornbread stuffing
Salsa

Thoroughly mix together all ingredients and fill two loaf pans. Sprinkle some cornbread stuffing on top. Bake for 45 minutes.

We also had stir fried cabbage with tofu and this special steamed rice concoction, another one of my super easy, super delicious recipes.  Instead of putting just water to steam cook the rice, I used left over sauce from a beef and mushroom dish.  Wow, the flavor that is cooked into the rice is just fabulous.

For dessert, we had root beer floats and homemade oatmeal raisin cookies.  Yes, another one of my easy and fast recipes.

I enjoy cooking. I love to be creative. None of my recipes has any measurements. It's just the "feel" of things as I toss things together.  What I really love to do is to make an entire dinner with whatever I have in the frig. Yes, I heard that there is an actual TV show that has this theme.  I actually live that way!

Oh, I always cook enough to have leftover or to have at least 10 people over for dinner!


(The above pictures were all found from the internet. But they give you an idea of what we had for dinner tonight! Very YUMMY!)


Seek Him First!


2 comments:

  1. should put your own pics of food, wish you were here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea... but I never have the camera ready and we are already eating... James is much better about taking pictures of the food... he is a senior travel advisor as he posts pictures all the time and then write and rate his experience.

    ReplyDelete