Friday, March 28, 2014

Cheaper Airline Tickets

We are heading off to a short term missions trip in the Philippines.  I had written about this, but what I didn't write about is the airline that we are flying with.

I won't mention any name, but it is one of those airlines that gives you cheaper tickets, but then if you want anything, it's an extra.

Actually, the tickets weren't that cheap. For the four of us, it was almost 2,000US$.

Now, when I bought the tickets, I was asked about luggage. So that cost included 2 check-in bags, each with a limit of 15kilos.  The carry-on must be under 7 kilos and I heard it's best to have each carry-on around 5-7 kilos.

The food is not included. If you want anything to eat, even a bag of peanuts, that would be extra.

The drinks are not included and I heard that even water will not be served. You have to buy the water if you want some. I will see if they will give me hot water for free!

The blanket and pillow will be extra.  And I heard that the plane will be cold, so we are prepared by dressing warmly.

The time of the flights are at odd time so we are leaving at 12:15 a.m. and getting into Manila at 2:55a.m. We have a long wait in the airport until 8:30a.m. for our next flight to Ilo Ilo.  I hope the seats in the airport are comfortable so that we can sleep a bit.

So, I spent the day packing. I have realized that I can fill a bag up with 15 kilos of stuff very quickly. The bag alone weighs anywhere between 2-3 kilos. JUST THE BAG!!!!!!

It took a lot of juggling around, but we are packed!  Four carry-ons and two check-ins. I packed everything under the weight requirement.  I did not pack any soap or shampoo. I hope the hotel will have that.  I did not pack any beach towels. I hope to take the hotel towels as we will have one evening to go to a nearby beach for a swim and BBQ dinner.  Each person has only two pairs of shoes -- tennis shoes and flip flops.  I am not planning on doing any laundry so I packed five sets of clothes for everyone. We are ready to go!




Seek Him First!


2 comments:

  1. be safe, we will be praying for you !!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reading and praying! Did you like that quote about running??? ha, ha, ha...

    ReplyDelete