Saturday, November 16, 2013

The Simple Recipe

Costco no longer sells pumpkin pies during this holiday season. I was shocked.  We have always bought our pumpkin pies from Costco. What a deal as they were big and delicious and quite inexpensive.  We went there several times and no pumpkin pie...So, I decided to call and find out if we had to order them.  The lady told me the sad news -- for this year, Costco would not be making or be selling pumpkin pies... So, I got on line and found a simple recipe... with less than 5 ingredients... I decided to make them.  The time it took to bake one was what took the longest... everything else was easy.  And I found a place that sells ready made crust for about 2US$ each.  This made me think about when we face obstacles or difficulties.  We are paralyzed, trying to figure out what to do.  Instead we need to get on line, not on the computer, but on line with God.  Go to Him. Often times, He has already prepared a way to overcome the problem... It might take time. It might take some waiting.  But it might be as simple as a less than 5 ingredients pumpkin pie. 


 
"Oh what peace we often forfeit, oh what needless pain we bear,
all because we do not carry, everything to God in prayer."
 
Seek Him First!

No comments:

Post a Comment