Wednesday, November 20, 2013

The Mom I Know and Love

Tonight for class, we talked about our childhood.  And as I thought back about my childhood, I remember so many wonderful things about my sweet mom.

I have been calling my mom every day since I got back from the States in August.  Our conversations can be 2 minutes or 20 minutes or longer.  We talk about the same things -- what Little House on the Prairie did she watch, what did she eat, did she go to the workout room.  There are many strange antics that she now has.  There are many things she cannot remember. But in my mind, she will always be the greatest mom. I often cry as I pray for my sweet mom. She is funny and I have so many wonderful adventures together with her.  She backpacked around Europe with me and my brother and my sister when I was living there for a year.  We went to China together.  She worked hard to make ends meet when my parents were divorced.  She took us horseback riding. She took us ice skating. She tried to play tennis. 

I will be going back to the States for Chinese New Year and we're planning to take her up to San Francisco and down to San Diego. She is so excited about those trips. I am excited about the trips as well. I know there will be difficulties, but when I reflect back, I know it will only be the happy moments of being together that I will remember. 
 
How many pictures can I upload to show you the wonderful mom I know and love?

Seek Him First!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment