Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Glad that Unused Things Are Being Used

After getting lots of Korean food items, I wonder what I'd do with them.  My kitchen counter was lined with bottles and jars.  My freezer was filled with bags and containers.  It occurred to me that we have a neighbor from Korea. So, I gave them a call and they were delighted to take all the items and were so happy as the items will be used in the things they cook.  Then I received an email from Eva my sweet co-worker who is from the Philippines and was collecting blankets, clothes and stuff animals for those who were seriously hit by the recent typhoons.

Eva wrote: "It all started with a small, very quick presentation in a Department of Applied English, Ming Chuan University faculty meeting. Originally, planned for two boxes, the overwhelming response included donations of goods (blankets, rice, instant noodles, used clothes, etc) and cash from faculty members, staff and students of the University. Then, with the help of Linda Lin and Lilibeth Tan from the Taipei European School, and Lovely Ko from her church, Maribeth Sun and Emma Almonte Cheng from their Kweishan friends, Jacky from the China Post. We ended up with seven jumbo boxes. We will be sending the left-over cash to purchase school supplies for children. MCU students (Andrei Maier, Vencia, Sherry, Nguyen and my son, Joshua and best friend, Lily helped in the packing. So, now the boxes are off to the province of Antique for delivery direct to the victims of Yolanda. Duro gid nga salamat (many many thanks to all)

How delightful to know that unused things we have in our home are being used to bless others.  Let's be generous in our giving... as our God is so generous with us.

Seek Him First!



No comments:

Post a Comment