Friday, November 15, 2013

Every Perfect Gift Comes from Above

It's November... Most people think of Thanksgiving... and for me, it's more than that.  For in this month, I celebrate the gift of my children.  Tonight, we went to a Korean Restaurant to celebrate my daughter's birthday. Next Friday, we will go to an Italian Restaurant to celebrate my son's birthday. My son is turning 15. My daughter is turning 14.  I celebrate their birth not just in November. Each night when I tuck them into bed (yes, I still tuck them into bed) and pray over them, I am filled with awe.  It is true, every perfect gift comes from above... I retired early so that I can spend more time with them. And that's one decision I will never regret, no matter how many times people tell me, "Oh, why did you retire so early?  To give up such a great job and the nice salary..."  Sorry... you don't know what I have in exchange for that great job and the nice salary... memories... memories that money can never buy... Yes, there are times when I am physically exhausted from the tasks involved in parenting... Yes, there are times when they don't seem to appreciate what I do for them... And yes, there are times when they act up or talk back...  But as I look back over the years... I must say, the good outweighs the bad a million to one...
 

Seek Him First!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment