Saturday, March 31, 2018

On the Bus with Mom

Saturday is my mom's acupressure day... I took her today on the bus! With a wheelchair!

First, we walked down to the bus stop... and the bus driver was extremely patient!

The pressure point massage was absolutely fabulous!

We then headed out -- on the bus -- to the Presidential Hall. Unfortunately, we arrived after 11:30 or else we could have gotten in for a tour... it's like going in to see the White House. When Suz and Pam and et el come to Taiwan, we must do that together!

Well... my mom enjoyed the bus ride... she was like a kid in a candy shop... she loved looking out the windows and seeing people get on and off!

After these past two weeks of having my mom here, I am totally impressed with Taiwan's public transportation system. Unlike the States, buses come every two to five minutes. You can get almost everywhere on the bus.  They are clean and fully air conditioned. For my mom, all public transportation is free! And once we get the handicapped booklet, I can ride for free as well! YIPPY! Most people are very helpful... as are the bus drivers. They see me with the wheelchair and they will help my mom on and off the bus. The drivers will make sure my mom is seated before they pull away from the curb. Even when it's crowded, someone will get up to give my mom a seat.

This evening, we had dinner with my brother, James. It was a high end Chinese restaurant. The food was tasty, but I think they put a lot of MSG as I was extremely thirsty after dinner. We also went to see James' hotel room... It was 'interesting'... I don't think he will stay there again! If you want more details, you can email me!

Seek Him First!
Image result for Psalm 109:30

No comments:

Post a Comment