Monday, March 19, 2018

Mom Is In Taiwan

I think I can write a book about these past few days...

Mom flew back with me on 3/15! What a flight... 

She wanted to party and eat for the entire duration of the flight... I was jumping up all the time to prevent her from ordering another sparkling wine or a piece of cheesecake or a bowl of instant noodles! So, I had very little sleep... 

We arrived late on Friday night... and at 1am (Saturday morning) she said she was tired and went to bed. I pressed on, trying to unpack and put things away and went to bed at 3:03 am!

I was horrified when my mom woke up at 3:08. After sleeping for only 2 hours, she was ready to go... I forced her to go back to bed... and this happened three times... By 6am, she wanted to get dressed and go out... This happened again on Saturday night... The only thing I can say is that God sustained me by His strength and goodness...  

I led the Prayer Walk Sunday night at House of Praise and I sent out prayer requests, asking everyone to pray that my mom would sleep... Because I needed to sleep!

On Sunday night, she went to bed at 9:30! And she only got up twice... By 5:50, she was ready to go out! The good news... I had slept for five hours! It seemed like the most sleep I've gotten in the past month and definitely in the past 72 hours!

So, how is my mom doing?

Well, I think she is enjoying her time in Taiwan.

What can you be praying for?

I want her to interact with others, so I'm in the process of finding suitable 'activities' Monday to Friday, three to four hours, where she will have 'fun'! 

I am also taking her around to get all the paperwork done. Today I signed her into my 'household report'. Tomorrow we will go and get her ROC passport renewed! Wednesday to Friday, I will take her to 'experience' a church sponsored elderly program.

I will keep you posted... 

Needless to say, I have had to make big changes to my daily schedule...

One thing constant -- my morning time with Jesus. I can't live without it!

Seek Him First!
Image result for Phil. 4: 13

No comments:

Post a Comment