Wednesday, February 21, 2018

We're Back!

How long do you have? Because I feel as if I could write a book to describe all that have happened in these past 13 days... Yes, one thing like my last post -- I have had very little sleep... And the Lord sustained me!

Abby was very ill when we left Taiwan and the Lord kept healing her as we asked many to be praying for her.

As for the memorial service, it was simple and meaningful. I did get to read Ps. 23 and we sang two songs -- You Are My Sunshine & Amazing Grace! The military guards came and played the Tap and gave the flag to my mom. The weather was just perfect! And Eddie, KR, Alden, Kurtis, Roger and Ricky were the pallbearers. That was totally unplanned, except by God! So many more people came to the graveside service as it was a four day weekend. Again unknown by us, but not by God! After the service, we had a beautiful reception at Nadine Circle. Annie gave the eulogy and we played the song for Mom to dance with different people. Annie had put together a wonderful slide show that captured the beauty of Daddy George's life. We had placed many of Dad's diaries and photo albums all around the house for people to look at. When everyone left, I stayed up until the early morning to put the house back in order.

The amazing thing is that mom has agreed to return with me in March. So... now that we are back, I have so much to do in preparation in order to have her live with us.

All I can say is that with God all things are possible!

Seek Him First!
Image result for Phil. 1:6

1 comment:

  1. Little did we know what was in stored for you.............

    ReplyDelete