Wednesday, July 19, 2017

The Bumper Tap!

Alan loves driving in Taiwan... If you've been here, you probably think he is crazy. But it's true. And after his recent experience in the States, I'm sure he loves driving in Taiwan even more. Let me explain.

When we were in the States together, I'd often tell him, "Alan, be careful how you drive in the States. This is not Taiwan."

And I guess last Monday, he learned what I meant.

I don't have all the details, but what I know is:

He was at the Y in San Diego.
He bumper tapped someone else's parked car with NO ONE INSIDE.
He didn't take any pictures of the other person's car.
He received a message, stating that the cost of fixing the 'damage' was going to be around 270US$.

I have been praying ever since I heard!

In Taiwan, bumper taping someone is an every day occurrence. No one who bumper tapped you in a parking lot would leave a note or ask the person to pay almost 10,000NT$ to get it fixed. But not in America... I think Alan sees that now.

What is also quite stressful is that Alan's mom has planned a family cruise that leaves from Long Beach on Saturday. If the repair is delayed in any way, how are they going to be on the cruise? And what we know of the speed of getting things fixed in the states... well... you know why Alan is stressed.

Alan met with the lady at the dealership (yes, she is getting the car fixed at the Toyota dealership) and renting a car for two days (I have no idea who is paying for the rental car?!?!?!). And Alan is to meet with her again on Friday morning when the repair on the car is supposedly 'finished' and he will have to fork out the money to pay. The estimate is around 270US$ and that's another source of stress. How accurate are these estimates?!?!?

We are committing this to the Lord... It's especially 'stressful' as I'm not there with him.

I guess if I was there, it might NOT have happened as I would have reminded him all too many times NOT to drive like he was in Taiwan!

Seek Him First!
Image result for Psalm 50: 23

3 comments:

  1. Oh, it's very stressful! I am going to pray for you. May the Lord take care of your fiances just as He has been faithful to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read your blog for a long time, Lovely. You always give encouraging words to people and you're such an inspiration! Praise to the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, my sweet friend! I am actually going to post an addendum to this one about the bumper tap. It is indeed so stressful! Alan's biggest mistake was that he was too trusting! In my opinion, for these kinds of situations, people in Taiwan are much more HONEST!

    ReplyDelete