Friday, July 14, 2017

A Few More Details...

I forgot to tell you about what happened on the second half of my time in the States.

I went to San Diego and had 10 days to hang out with Alan's Mom and Aunt Ethel. It was a fun time. They took me out to In & Out. I took them out to Souplantation to celebrate Mom Bea's birthday. I had also bought a few things for Mom Bea as she will be going on a cruise with Alden's family, Alan and Isaiah! A few more things my Mom Bea reminded me to mention are: a beautiful visit with Amy and her parents, Mr. & Mrs. Hartman. I have not seen the Hartmans in too long. They now live 15 minutes away from where Mom Bea lives. The second thing was to have dinner with Dave and Leslie Wilson and their daughter, Kami, and Mark and Sherri Daria in San Clemente. In fact, Mark Daria bought their own place that is 10 minutes from Mom Bea's place. I also went to see Daniel and Jamie Wei, but they were in Taiwan. So, I got to visit with two of their three kids. Their oldest has graduated from UC Irvine. Their youngest is so grown up! Oh, they live about 15 minutes away from Mom Bea. The point is: I can find my way to all of these wonderful people's home as they live so close by!

And while in San Diego, I also took Isaiah to the Poway Salvation Army! Thanks to a tip from my sister in law, Gina, I found out that every Monday was the 75% off sale -- anything that's been in the store for more than 10 days gets discounted! Isaiah & I had a great time!

We headed back up to LA on June 30th. On the way back up, we stopped and spent time praying with Tina, a dear friend that Alan and I have known from our Evergreen days!  After leaving her place, the traffic got really bad. It turned out that a twin engine plane crashed landed on the 405 Freeway! I told Isaiah to take a picture, but he said it wasn't that big of a deal. Well, when we got back to my mom's place, it was all over the news.

The last few days were a blur of activities. I had already packed most things, so it was just a matter of balancing the weight of the boxes and suitcases. I was extremely busy only because I wanted to pack a box for Isaiah and Alan to bring back, meaning I was packing a total of six items!

My wonderful sister bought tickets for us to go to the Hollywood Bowl and that was such a fantastic evening. She also stocked my mom's frig with spinach and tofu. I had brought instant noodles from Taiwan. We also picked peaches from the tree in the back yard. My best friends and I had time for dinner at the Cheesecake Factory in Pasadena. Another friend, Liz, brought over Mexican tamales and bread plus a breakfast chocolate drink! All this in the last week helped me to maintain my weight. (I only lost one kilo instead of the usual two!)

I tried to get everything sorted at my mom's house. But I know the cleanliness and organization won't last too long, unfortunately! I tried my best!

It's always difficult to say goodbye... and this was no exception... When I got on the plane, exhausted, I spent time in prayer, giving thanks and surrendering... There is always more that I wanted to do but didn't get to...

God is good... all the time!

Seek Him First!
Image result for Psalm 50:2

No comments:

Post a Comment