Monday, December 29, 2014

A Lesson on Tea

Tonight we had our end of the year dinner for the ladies' Bible study that I've been a part of for over 10 years. The members of the group might have changed over the years, but the joy of being together has not.

Amy again hosted the party.

The food was great. Sorry no pictures... we ate everything too quickly...

But after the dinner, Amy's husband, Darwin, took out his tea drinking 'gears' and started to serve traditional Chinese tea.

I learned so much as Darwin collects TEA. I never knew anyone who collects tea. I never knew that tea is like wine or whiskey... the older, the better and the more expensive. In fact, he told me that 100 year old tea can be sold now for over 4 million RMB. WHAT???????????  You can buy a nice house in Taipei with that amount.

I think my grandfather had old tea... and I think when he passed away, we just threw all that tea away. That's worst than the Boston Tea Party!

Here are some pictures --


I went on line and here is what I found -- 
A tong of FuYuanChang puerh tea from the early 1900s--The price achieved for this 2060g of tea was just over £1 million (1.7 million USD).
Seek Him First!

No comments:

Post a Comment