Monday, December 15, 2014

Baking With Eggnog

Only around this time will we find eggnog for sale at Costco or other higher end supermarkets.  So, when I found eggnog at Costco, I went ahead and bought 7 cartons. Each carton was very small. And it was not 'cheap'. But since Alan loves it, I had to splurge.


On the side of the carton, there was a recipe for eggnog bread pudding. I don't usually follow recipes, but I decided to, just this once.  I looked at the recipe and couldn't believe it. For every two cups of eggnog, it wanted me to put in a cup of sugar.  Eggnog is already so sweet that I can't even drink it. But the recipe said it, so I did it.

When I took the bread pudding out, Abby and I had the first bite. Oh, it was so sweet that the only way I could eat it was to wash it down with a sip of black coffee. To my utter surprise, when I brought it for the love feast that evening, the entire pan was gobbled up.

So, today, I decided to be adventurous and make eggnog pumpkin banana raisin bread.  Yes, it's really true.  I put in sweetened pumpkin pie filling. Instead of adding water, I put in eggnog.  I threw in lots of bananas and raisins and brown sugar instead of white sugar.

How did it come out?

Fabulous!!!!!  Not too sweet!

Great for breakfast!

Thank God for His creative Spirit! Like how He gifted the craftsmen for building the tabernacle, so He gifted each one of us. And for me, baking is one way to express that creativity!


Now, I just wish eggnog wasn't so expensive as there are many different concoctions that I'd like to try!


Seek Him First!


No comments:

Post a Comment