Friday, December 12, 2014

What A Perfect Day!

Today Alan and I left early to head to Tienmu where the bus was leaving to take us on a ministry opportunity at the Taoyuan Prison.

Lighthouse Prison Ministry sponsors a once a year Christmas Party for the foreign inmates.  Zorina, a delightful jazz singer, would be doing several songs.  There would be all kinds of food -- Vietnamese, Filipino, Thai, Indonesian, and American.  And the prison Jazz Band would be performing as well.  A total of 60 volunteers came.

The purpose was to bring the joy of Jesus to these inmates.  All year round their lives are very mundane and their food is very bland.  This is something totally out of the norm.  For the morning session, I just stood there, handing out utensils.  For the afternoon session, I handed out slices of pizza. While standing there, I just kept smiling and wishing each man Merry Christmas.  I looked into their eyes and prayed -- if in this place of 'no freedom' you were to find Jesus, the true source of absolute freedom, this time would not be 'wasted'.

II Cor. 3:17

I will continue to be praying for these men.  God knows them.  God loves them.  God came to bring them true forgiveness and freedom!

I came home tired...

But we had planned to go out for dinner.  And since my brother, James, is in Taipei, we convinced him to join us for dinner.

What a perfect day!

Seek Him First!



No comments:

Post a Comment