Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Words of Encouragement -- Lordship

As I look back over the many talks I have given, I noticed that one of my favorite topics is Lordship.  So, in an outline form, I hope God will speak to you.

Finish these sentences.

  1. Lordship is...
  2. One daily way I reflect the truth that the Lord sits on the throne of my life is... 
  3. One verse I claim to remind me of this truth is...
My answers to the above questions:

Lordship is a personal choice of constant obedience and submission to the sovereign almighty God through the power of the Holy Spirit.  It is saying, "not my will, but Thy will be done."  It is the bowing of my own stiff neck pride before the throne of grace and letting God reign in my heart and shine through my life.

One daily way I reflect the truth that the Lord sits on the throne of my life is by spending the first waking moments with God, committing to Him all the other waking moments of the day and surrendering my life to the working of the Holy Spirit so that He will reign in and shine through my life.

One verse I claim to remind me of this truth is John 15:5

  • Complaining Spirit
  • Comparing Spirit
  • Compromising Spirit
So, I'd close with this quote from Hudson Taylor --

"Christ is either Lord of all, or He is not Lord at all." - Hudson Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment