Thursday, May 1, 2014

A Rainy Day

I guess it is the "rainy season" here in Taiwan.

From the moment I got up, the skies were gray.  The rain just kept coming down. Sometimes it was a drizzle while other times it was steady stream of bigger droplets.  Isaiah was at school taking the last of the "practice exams" before the actual tests on May 17th and 18th.  Abby and I were home. And we were to have our PE class.  She didn't want to run. She didn't feel like going for a swim. So, we decided to go for a bike ride.

The bike ride was a combination of exercise and running errands.  We went to the school to drop off the paperwork for her homeschooling application.  We went to make copies of things.  We went and bought milk and juice.

Rainy Day Riding in Denver
After getting back, we were a bit wet but not too bad.  We had lunch and rested and listened to music (Abby was the DJ) and she continued with her homeschooling.

By 5:15, when our car came back, (friends borrowed it for the day) we had to head out to pick up Isaiah and go straight to the cram school.

I went for a run in the rain. It was quite refreshing. I saw just one of the usual runners. I guess people didn't want to come out on a rainy day.  Yes, my shoes were wet as were my clothes, but it wasn't a downpour, just a constant drizzle.

I am heading off to bed and the rain has stopped.

Don't know what the weather will be like tomorrow...but overall, this rainy day has been filled with a sense that God is with me always!

Seek Him First!


No comments:

Post a Comment