Friday, May 2, 2014

A Not-So-Typical Day

Today was a not-so-typical day.

The morning started early as the Men's Group came over for their morning prayer time.

Isaiah had another half day of exams.  He thinks he got 3 A's and 2 B's. That should insure him entrance to one of his top choices. Of course, the "real tests" won't be until May 17th and 18th.

Abby worked on one of her LIFEPAC exams and she passed with a high 80.  Abby did her speech and hopefully, she got first place.  She went over time because she never heard the first bell that signaled one minute and 30 seconds. So, when she did hear the bell, she thought that was the FIRST bell!!!!!!  YIKES.

Alan, Isaiah and I went to the school and registered for the tennis tryout on May 10th.  As of three this afternoon (and registration closes at 4p.m.) Isaiah was the only one who registered!  I learned a lot about Taiwan "athletic program".  Let's say I am a bit disappointed as there is still "politics" involved!  Isaiah practiced with the team and by 3:15, I had to go to Ming Chuan University.

Yes, I was asked to be one of the judges for the Movie Dubbing Contest.  There were 17 groups and three hours later, we had the top 5 groups. The first place group won last year, too.  This year they did Shrek. Last year they did Finding Nemo!

Alan and the kids went to the Soochow University Senior Play.  They got back by 8:45 and I started my run at 8:40, so I just missed them.

It wasn't raining anymore so there were plenty of people out at the Miramar Mall and the River Park.  I got back and we all just hung out.

It was indeed a not-so-typical day... but always a day filled with the Presence of God.



Seek Him First!

No comments:

Post a Comment