Sunday, January 5, 2014

One of HOP 2014 Focus

The focus for HOP this month is -- Love God.  And to many people that might seem like a lofty idea and ideal.

How do we love God?

I think Jesus defined it perfectly --

John 14:15 "If you love Me, you will keep My commandments."

And how do you go about keeping His Commandments?  

I love Matthew 5:16 --

"Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven."
We are to follow His commandments by helping others to see Jesus shining through us.

I love Matthew 6:33 --

"But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you."



I love Matthew 16:24
Then Jesus said to His disciples, "If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me."


These are all words of Jesus.  I want to spend the rest of my life here on earth, learning how to love God.

Seek Him First!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment