Thursday, January 9, 2014

Ask, Seek, Knock

Today in my morning time with the LORD, I read these verses -- 

Mat 7:7 "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. Mat 7:8 "For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.

God gave me these verses because I needed the reminder!

In Joni Eareckson Tada's book, A Quiet Place in a Crazy World -- Drawing Near to God Through Prayer and Praise, she had this to say related to these verses --

Asking, wrote E. Stanley Jones, is the symbol of our desire. Some things God will not give until we want them enough to ask.  Asking is also a kind of expressed dependence. A daily dependence. Give us this day our daily bread. An unknown preacher said, "We are to ask with a beggar's humility, to seek with a servant's carefulness, and to knock with the confidence of a friend."

My Heavenly Father constantly invites me into His Presence to ask of Him, about anything and everything. I believe Our Heavenly Father enjoys drawing us near to Him. My experience today again led me to know of my Heavenly Father's love and care. 

As some of you might know, I get lost very easily.  So, after the kids' piano class, I wanted to go to a tea shop nearby since I had bought coupons to try their specially made milk tea.  Christina, the piano teacher, gave me directions to get to the tea shop.  After getting the drinks, I thought I would be able to figure out how to get back to our house. Instead of retracing my route by making a U-turn, I went straight ahead.  After several turns, I was seriously lost.  I asked the LORD to help -- lead me just back to the tea shop.  I did not even know how that would be possible. Five minutes passed... and I said to the kids, I think we are back on the road where the tea shop was.  Sure enough, up ahead, on the opposite side of the road, was the tea shop.  The LORD did it... I was back on the tea shop road and able to retrace my way back to the piano teacher's house and from there to get back home.  My GPS means God Positioning System.  Sometimes, in life, if anyone is off course, maybe it's time to ask and let GPS lead you back!

Ask
Seek
Knock



Seek Him First!

No comments:

Post a Comment