Tuesday, April 29, 2014

A People Day

Today was filled with talking with an assortment of people about an assortment of situations.

In the morning I met up with a wonderful sister in Christ from Canada who is now living in Neihu. We decided that we would meet next Tuesday morning as well.

Then I had a long conversation with my dear mother.  I need to remember to speak words of blessings over her and not tell her that she is becoming more like her own mother.  My grandmother was not a kind, spirit-filled woman. She complained much and threw tantrums often and always seemed set on having her ways.  I think she brought in a new definition of "ornery".  Ornery is defined as mean-spirited, disagreeable, contrary in disposition.  My mom is not like that!  Now, the word also carries the idea of being stubborn.  I think of my mom as fun loving and easy to get along with. But in her old age and her lack of eye sight and hearing, she is becoming difficult to communicate with.  But I need to pray for God's Holy Spirit to redeem my mom and transform her attitude.

My phone battery ran out by the time I ended the conversation with my mom.  So, a dear sister who now lives in Korea called me via skype.  I tried to encourage her to keep her "house" built upon the solid rock of JESUS as she is going through many situations.

Before I went on a bike ride with Abby, I found out that the hot water heater in our old house needed to be replaced. I called the store but the lady was out to lunch.  Abby and I got ready and I decided to give her one more call and she was there. So, I ordered the hot water heater, called the tenant who is living at the house and arranged for the new hot water heater to be installed tonight.  For our bike ride, we went to the store, paid for the hot water heater, then went and bought milk and fruit.

After we got back, Abby helped me to prepare the fruit and cook a chicken quiche dish as we were expecting another dear sister who was arriving from Scotland.  Just as I put the quiche in the oven, we got her phone call. She was on her way from the airport!  By the time she arrived, the quiche was done. It was a blessed time to talk to her about the truth that GOD IS MORE THAN ABLE.  We prayed together before I dropped her off at the MRT Station.

I picked up my son at the cram school at 10p.m. and called our tenant to ask about the hot water heater. The installation guy came at 7:30 and got it done quickly and they were able to take nice hot showers tonight.

The evening ended with emailing people and doing a load of laundry as my daughter needed her uniform for tomorrow.  I also packed the chicken quiche for her lunch.

Yes, it was a people day... and I am so glad that for each person, God gave me specific verses to speak over the particular circumstance or situation.


Seek Him First!


No comments:

Post a Comment