Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Some Things Never Change

Alan and I have been married for 27 years. On our honeymoon, we had our first argument... over what? Over food!

Since then, it is still an area of conflict.  So, my sweet daughter made signs so that I can put on items that I don't want him to eat.  Well, it's not that I don't want him to eat the item; it's just that I don't want him to finish the item without leaving me a bite.  That was the point of our first argument which occurred in Disney World on our honeymoon.

On Tuesday night, I made liver and onions. I love it. Denny's Restaurant used to serve this dish, but I don't find it on the menu anymore. In fact, I don't find liver and onions served in most restaurants. So, I have to make it if I want some.  Back to my story... that evening before putting it away, I asked Alan if he would want any. He said, "No, I don't like liver and onions."  With that answer, I felt "safe" and did not put a note on the container.

This afternoon, I went out for a run.  On the way back, I was thinking, "Oh, I'm going to enjoy my lunch of rice and liver and onions."


I walked into our house and on the counter was an empty container! It was the container with MY liver and onions.  I was in shock!  Did I mention that the container was EMPTY?  I mean completely licked CLEAN!

"Alan, what have you done?  You ate all my liver and onions?????"

He walked out of the computer room and said, "Well... it tasted great with rice."

I should have put a sign on the container. I should have known it wasn't safe!

Some things never change!

Seek Him First!


4 comments:

  1. hahahaha, so very funny, if that is all you argue about, you are one very lucky lady, but i think you make your own luck, GO ALAN !!!! LICK THE PLATTER CLEAN hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will let him know... And Annie, I think my kids will tell you, Alan and I don't argue very much... We don't really see a need to argue. We know that our opinions are different and we love each other. And God blessed me today as the little green market had pork liver on sale -- 50% off. I bought one box. Cooked and ready to eat. I added a few more things to make it tastier. I love you lots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. KR says that I would not have to worry about liver and onions, he would never touch it unless it was blended and made into liverwurst, which he loves xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete