Friday, April 25, 2014

My Funny Daughter

How did you like Isaiah's poem yesterday? Now, it's my daughter's fable --

Without Heeding Good Advice

This story is about a pig (no offence to pigs) and a horse. These two animals lived on the same farm. The farmer bought a new horse and put the horse's home right next to the pig's home. Every day the pig had his routine, which was eat and sleep. That was all he did all day long. 
One day, the horse asked the pig if he wanted to go out for a run with him. The pig immediately said, "I do not run!".  The horse replied, hoping to be an encouragement to the pig, "Come on. Running is good for you. Come with me!".  The pig said a second time, wanting to be firm, "I don't run, and I don't like someone trying to break my daily routine."  And this time the pig said it with a very piggy snort. The horse tried again, "Did you know that pigs need to exercise, too?  Come. You'll love it!" The pig got a little tired this time and shouted, "Don't try my patience, Horse!  Pigs are made to eat and sleep. These are the basic nature of all pigs."  The horse looked at the pig with sadness and said to the pig in a clear loud voice, "Exercise will help prevent you from being eaten by people, my dear friend.  Don't say I didn't warn you." So the horse went for a wonderfully long run every day, and the pig just kept eating and sleeping.  Without running, the pig got fatter and fatter. One morning, the horse woke up and saw that the pig's home was empty. He knew what had happened to Pig.

May I just say that this story "came to her" after I had bugged her about going running with me for many days!

Seek Him First!


2 comments:

  1. ok, this is really funny, but it is in the nature of the pig to eat and sleep and horse to run, so then what????

    hahahah

    ReplyDelete
  2. She was writing it in response to me inviting her to go for a run. She didn't want to run with me. She wanted to sleep and eat. Abby is so sweet. She is a great kid. Isaiah and Abby both love to draw and play the piano. I think you gave Kurtis a cell phone way too early. And you really should limit his internet time!

    ReplyDelete