Saturday, April 26, 2014

A Miracle

Today I decided to go over to the Danhsui house to waterproof paint this one small area. It has to dry overnight and then tomorrow, I will use this waterproof putty over that area before I cover it with the color of the wall which is this beautiful yellow.

At 3:09, I leave Danhsui and start my run back to where I parked my scooter.  I thought it would take about an hour and 10 minutes to get back to the ChiYan Station.  In less than 30 minutes into my run, it started to sprinkle.  And soon, it was a down pour.  Lightning was flashing and I had to take off my iShuffle so that it won't get wet.  At around 4:00 I stopped at this cafe near the bike trail and asked them for direction. I needed to cut through from the bike trail to the main road.  The people there were really nice and gave me clear and correct directions.  I started running down this path and it was really pouring now.  I was totally soaked.  I looked at my watch and it was 4:15 and the way to the main road was becoming a lot longer than I had anticipated. I started praying.  "Father, please help me. I need to get home as we have Couples Only Core at our house today at 5 p.m. I don't think I'm going to get to my scooter until maybe 6p.m. Please, maybe someone on a scooter would stop to give me a ride."

About 5 minutes after this prayer and a few scooters riding past me without stopping, a very fancy and big black car with very dark tinted windows stopped.

The windows came down and a guy asked, "Where are you going? Do you need a ride?"  I told him I needed to get to the MRT station and he said, "Get in. I'll take you there."  I saw that he had running clothes on. That was a good sign! I said that I was completely soaked. He responded, "No problem. Here is a towel."  So, I sat on the towel and we started chatting. He is 72 years old and started running when he was 48. He runs at 4:30 in the morning because the air is better. He used to run lots of marathons but now he just run for fun.  It was a long way to the MRT station. He dropped me off and I run towards where I had parked my scooter. The ride in the downpour was filled with gratitude and prayer. The visibility was very limited and the water was splashing all around.  I got home at 5:15 -- a total miracle.

No one had arrived. I hopped into the shower and got dressed, then dried my hair, got the house ready and the phone rang. The first couple was waiting at the MRT station.  I asked Alan to go and pick them up.  At 5:30, another couple arrived.  By 5:45 everyone came.

THANK YOU GOD.  WHAT A MIRACLE!



We had a great Couples Only Core.  If it wasn't for that man who gave me a ride, I would have never made it back.  That trail from the bike path to the main road was a very long way.  I will go and run it again, but I won't give myself only one hour and 10 minutes. I think it would be about a two and a half hour run.  Maybe I would meet up with that 72 year old gentleman again!

Seek Him First!

No comments:

Post a Comment