Thursday, February 20, 2014

Running in the Cold

Most of last week the weather was cold and rainy.  My body was still recovering and I didn't want to wear down my immune system.

Today, it was cold but it was not raining. So, after dropping off the kids, I decided it was time that I went for my prayer-run.  I didn't feel like going out there.  In fact,  I had on three thick layers.  When I first started, the cold air made it hard to breathe. But once I warmed up, it became quite pleasant to be out there.  I saw many of the familiar faces of people who often run pass me.  By the fifth kilometers, I had to stop to take off one layer.  The rest of the run was much faster than I had imagined. I even sprinted the last two kilometers. 

Being out there today helped me to realize a simple principle --

Sometimes, when you don't feel like doing something, it doesn't mean you should give up and not do it.  When you press through, you might end up enjoying the whole thing a lot more than when you first started it.  We shouldn't live by our feelings.  We shouldn't live by what is easy.  When I pressed my body to go out there and even when at first it was hard to breathe, at the end, I felt as if I could have kept running. When I came back into the warmth of our home, I was so glad that I went out there in the cold to run and pray.



Seek Him First!

No comments:

Post a Comment