Wednesday, February 12, 2014

I'm Back


I mean that in more ways than one --

I'm back in Taipei.

I'm back to blogging daily!

The last week in the States did indeed fly by.  On Feb. 9th, my dearest sister, Annie, drove us to LAX only to find out that our flight had been delayed due to the biggest snow storm in the past 45 years in Tokyo. Both airports were completely shut down and they gave people sleeping bags as all flights were cancelled.  It was 8:30 in the morning and the flight won't be departing until 1:30p.m.  So, they gave us meal coupons -- 25US$ per person.  Now, how in the world would we be able to eat 100US$ worth of food?  So, we had a brilliant idea. We'd go in and buy 50US$ worth of food and give it to Annie to bring back to enjoy. And we'd use the rest for our own meals.  I bought Panda Express and a vegetarian omelet plus pancake.  I went out and handed her the food and went back in through the long security line.  Unfortunately, the good food gave my sweet elderly Daddy George diarrhea!!! 

Now, back to the journey... we had no idea what would happen in Tokyo. Would we be asked to stay overnight?  We spent the food vouchers and boarded the plane. It was a long flight.  I still cannot sleep well on these flights.  The food is great. The entertainment was mostly repeats.  I wish they'd put more TV shows or had more TV selections, such as home improvement programs.  We landed in Tokyo and there were people with signs everywhere.  Our connecting flight was pushed back and we had one hour to catch it. Off we went to gate 59A and got there just before boarding time.  We arrived back at the Taoyuan International Airport at 10:40, went through custom and got our luggage. We caught the 11:40 bus back to Taipei.  At 12:45 we were standing in front of the Song Shan Airport in a slight rain, getting two taxis to get us back home. We stepped into our front door by 1:10a.m.  It would be a little more than 24 hours since we were in LAX.

We left things as is -- too tired to try to unpack. We found our toothbrushes and PJs and head off to bed.  At 7a.m. I woke up to call the school. The kids weren't going today. They needed the rest. So, we stayed home, unpacked and I went out to run errands and buy some groceries. It was freezing outside with a slight sprinkle.  I think I over-exhausted myself.  By Wednesday morning, after my time with the LORD, I came down with severe flu symptoms -- pounding headache, achy body, chills. I could not lift my head as the pounding was just horrible.  I stayed in bed and prayed.

God is faithful.  He healed me.

So, it's already Thursday, Feb. 13th, Taipei time. I got up at 3:30 in the morning and now sits in front of the computer, blogging again.

I'm back!

Seek Him First!

2 comments:

  1. everyone miss you here especially moi...........

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I miss you!!!! I didn't even tell you about the slight scooter accident I had. It was my FIRST ever! My left wrist hurt... it is all better now. God is good!!!!

    ReplyDelete