Wednesday, January 2, 2019

A Day to Organize

Mom was up early... AGAIN... even though she slept late last night...

But I had nothing planned since I wanted to organize a few things...

During the holiday season, we always get cards with family photos... so I wanted to update my prayer board with the new photos we received.

I also wanted to sort through papers at my 'work station' since I did not have time before the holidays and we were gone almost the whole day yesterday!

Another task I had in mind was to call and see about programs that Mom could get for free as I will start teaching again. I need to find programs that can be for a few more hours on set days. NSB will start and that will be every Tuesday afternoons. The Foreign Police sent me a message and would like for me to come back in 2019. That will be on Thursday mornings. I was able to call and arrange for a few visits next week! One place is really close by that has part time care for the elderly. But they are so booked that there is already a waiting list. Presently, there are five people on the list, so I arranged to go and see on Monday what their program is like. Now, this service does charge a small fee of 200US$ per month! It is run by the church and I have only heard great things about what they do. Thus, it is very difficult to get in. The part time system is that you can drop off the elderly for three blocks of time each week. You can choose which three blocks of time you need. The morning sessions are from as early as 7:30 to 12:30. The afternoon sessions are from 1:45 to 6pm. Once you decide on the blocks of time, you can't change, so it's not as flexible. We will go on Monday and I'll get to see more of what they do!

The day went by quickly... I did take Mom out for a walk and a drive... She gets too bored staying home all day!

Seek Him First!
Related image

2 comments: