Sunday, November 25, 2012

14 Years Ago


14 Years Ago
                                          And NOW!

Fourteen years ago on a clear November morning at around 10:55 I received a phone call.  Isaiah was born in a hospital in PanChiao.  Although his due date was initially set for the second week of December, God had decided that it was time.  Although it would be another 10 days before I finally hold him, God had those days in His hands. 

When I first saw him, all I could see was his moon-shaped face as he was tightly wrapped in a blue blanket like a big fat tzong-tzi.  The first time I laid eyes on him, I knew -- this was the son the LORD had prepared for me.  The adoption papers had not even started, but I knew.  The love for him started at that moment and it has not stopped. 

These fourteen years have flown by.  He is now taller than me by a centimeter or two.  He plays the drums, the piano and the guitar all so beautifully and with such passion.  He can also sing.  He loves sports and still wants to play a set or two of tennis just so that he can beat me.  He is fun to hang out and chat with and when he laughs, the room lights up.  And he is so good at imitating people and making funny faces.  He has leadership ability which God is developing.  Yes, he has his moments of being rude and having a bad attitude.  He doesn't always try his best and he isn't ranked first, second or third in his class.  He talks like he is all grown up, but he still has his "Bo-bo" and his blue blankey sewn by his sweet Aunty Annie -- both of these were gifts from his very first birthday. His bed is still filled with doggy stuffed animals or funny pillows.  And each night, he still asks for me to tuck him in and to pray over him. 

I love going in at night after he is fast asleep to plant lots of kisses on him when he is unaware. I know that one day that bed will be empty and he will really be too "grown up" for me to tuck him in.  But as his mom, he will never be too grown up for me to be praying over and for him.  He will never be too grown up to be my son. He will never be too grown up to be a child of our loving Heavenly Father. And in that thought, I celebrate these past fourteen years and all the years ahead. 

Happy 14th Birthday, Isaiah Iosefa Rong-en Alagata!

Seek Him First!!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment