Wednesday, November 28, 2012

13 Years Ago

13 Years Ago
                                         Now!

How do I begin to describe my daughter, Abigail?  She came with a stubborn streak and has grown into a beautiful tender-hearted, caring, praying, talented young lady.  She is helpful and loves to bake with me.  She, like Isaiah, plays the piano, the guitar and the drums. She has joined the track team at school and loves to play basketball.  And don't ever try to race her in the pool -- she can out-swim all of us and she makes it look so easy!  For her birthday celebration this year, I had to buy her some French fries as she loves the smell of them. Why you might ask?  We picked her up 13 years ago at the McDonald's in Panchiao and so now, she has this love for the smell of French fries.  Her perfect dinner this year was fried onion pancake with eggs, bubble milk tea, and baked custard cakes.  There are moments that she might have a "bad attitude" but these moments are fleeting and rare.  Spiritually, she loves reading her Bible and has a prayer journal as she is consistently praying for people to come to know Jesus.  She is also actively inviting people to the youth group on Saturday afternoon.  She is conscientious about her homework and seeks to honor God.  These past 13 years have been such a blessing to me to be her mom... and I know that the years ahead will be filled with more wonderful memories... God is shaping her wings to fly and to soar... and when she does, it will be difficult for me to let her go, but I know her journey will be amazing.

Happy 13th Birthday, my sweet Abigail!
Seek Him First!

No comments:

Post a Comment