Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Back at NSB

Today I had class again at NSB. I am down to only 4 more hours with this group of students. I sure will miss them.

So, for class' snack, I introduced the famous PB & J sandwich! The lesson was on childhood and I wanted them to taste what a typical kid might have for lunch at school. So, I brought the bread, the peanut butter and the jam... I even brought milk!

We had a ball! Several students tried to sneak the sandwich without the jam. I had to check! It was quite hilarious! I was on 'jam patrol'. If the sandwich didn't have any jam, I made them go back and redo their sandwich! Yes, it's true. None of them ever had a PB & J sandwich! I also brought oatmeal and raisins or chocolate chips cookies. I couldn't bring the other possible snacks, like apple slices or individually packed bags of chips or Twinkies. But they got the idea.

For my next class, I'm going to attempt to let them make a 'no-bake' dessert!

Seek Him First!

Image result for Psalm 23: 5

No comments:

Post a Comment