Thursday, July 4, 2024

Very Difficult to Say Goodbye!

I was up early after staying up late last night to get all of Abby's things together... She came back from sharing, feeling quite tired and she had a sore throat. So, I sent her to bed after she took a tablespoon of cough syrup!

I went for a short run as my legs were actually tired from the hills yesterday. Plus, it was hot! BLARING HOT! I ran 7km! 

I got Mom off to the day care center and put another load of laundry in. Then it was time to organize everything! Both luggage were done: 23.3 and 24.5! The lady at the check in counter let us go! And her carry on bag and her backpack had books! They didn't weigh the stuff. She also had an ukulele.

While packing, Abby realized that she left her Bible at the church, so we had to stop there before we headed to the freeway. I also wanted to get her another bubble milk tea with taro balls and another Chinese breakfast snack which she loves. So, we went over to get those items! 

God helped me drive and get to the right terminal. We got checked in and sat on the chairs and ate and chatted. I just didn't want her to go in too quickly!

By 2pm, Alan was lining me. He and KR were having a terrible time meeting up at LAX. I'm so glad the Taiyuan International Airport is nothing like that. I would not be able to handle that kind of driving and traffic. By 3pm, I had to head back as Mom was coming back at 5:10. And with my driving, I have to give myself plenty of time!

The thunderstorm did not start! And since I did the drive with Isaiah last night, I did not get lost!

When I got home, I sat down and wrote an email to Abby... It was good to drive by myself home... I had time to think and get teary eyed and pray! God is good and I know He surrounds both of my kids. They are in His embrace! I am but a steward of His manifold gifts!

And Annie sent a picture of Alan, eating pork chop at their house! Praise Jesus!

Daily Lovely Insight:

Use Your Gift - It's Not About Me, It's About Jesus

Seek Him First!

Romans 5:3-4 – 94.1 KXOJ

2 comments: