Monday, July 29, 2024

Repair at the Old House!

I was up early and did not go out for a run as I had to meet a friend who came back from the States last night and needed some cash in case the rental place he was going to look at works out. He will need to put a deposit on it. So, I met up with him at 7am down in the center of town!

I scootered back and it was time for Mom Care.

After Mom left, I checked the recycling, dropped off shoes for donation as boxes are being packed and headed to the old house. The cement workers were late, so I went and bought my breakfast/lunch! They came at 10 and worked until 12 and took a lunch break. They came back at 1:00 and have tentatively finished at 4pm and I paid them in full! I trust that they will be back at a later date to finish things up as we need to see what's happening on the fifth floor. Fixing what's happening in our house won't work unless we fix what's happening upstairs.

While they worked, I cleaned the house. I went through the kitchen shelves and wiped everything down. I threw away empty glass and bento box containers. I cleaned out the front balcony. I cleaned the back balcony. When they left, I left and came home to contact the plumber. The faucets in the bathrooms are leaking. So, I will have to go back at 1:30 on Friday! AIYO! 

I hopped into the shower as I was so sticky and stinky!

Mom was back and I had dinner in the rice cooker. I started it before leaving for the old house! It was yummy. Italian chicken with rice and mozzarella cheese! Wow...

While at the old house and the workers were at their lunch break, I had gone to buy adult diapers! Yeah! So... I've stocked up!

It has been an exhausting day. I hope I will have time to rest tomorrow. With two Typhoon Days, I need an additional day to rest this week! Not only that, but the fridge socket situation and the repairs needed at the old house! And I did share three times this month: once at HOP and twice at GEM! Not to mention all the tutoring I've been doing...

When Mom went to bed, I was going to go for a very short run, but instead I watched McFarland, USA, a film about cross country running... ha, ha, ha...! I did hit my step goal for today from all the walking!

And VBS lunch was great! The kids loved the grilled cheese sandwiches!

Daily Lovely Insight:

Isaiah 49:16, I Have Engraved You on the Palms of My Hands Printable,  Minimalist Bible Verse Wall Art Print, Modern Christian Home Wall Deco -  Etsy Hong Kong

Isaiah 50:4 | The Name of the LORD is a Strong Tower

I felt doubly blessed this morning as both of these verses were on my read-through-the-Bible-in-a-year schedule!

Seek Him First!

Romans 5:3-4 – 94.1 KXOJ

4 comments: