Saturday, July 6, 2024

AC ON!

I was up super super early... and went out for 8k to close this week at 50! What a blessing!

I then came home and got Isaiah up as he went to coach a friend from church in tennis! He didn't think he was going to get paid, but the friend paid him 800NT$. He wants Isaiah to coach his daughters this summer.

Isaiah took a shower and went off as some of the young adults from our church was heading out to a beach by train! Then he will meet up with Fenny and her sister for dinner!

I took a nap... and then it was time to trim Mom's hair! I did a great job! She ate oatmeal with a banana for breakfast. I went down to help with the recycling as the truck couldn't take things on Wednesday. Everything is cleared out! There was an ironing board and I posted that and someone came to take it plus the towels that I had washed and a shelf! YEAH!

I had a friend come for counseling at 2:30! Now, Annie had been telling me to turn on the AC. To splurge... but with just me in the house, I thought it's too extravagant. Well... the rain had come and it was very hot. It just made the whole house like a sauna! The windows were closed due to the rain and even with all the fans on, it was just miserable. So, at 2:15, I turned the AC on... and it was so nice when the friend arrived! 

I gave Mom her lunch bread and then for dinner, I made porridge. She ate two bowls. I did too. So delicious... carrots and tomatoes... I think I could have eaten the whole pot of porridge.

I thought I'd go and pick up our family portraits after Mom went to bed, but they aren't ready. I was planning on going to WGE if I went out to pick up the pictures. But since they weren't ready, I decided to stay home. I wanted to sleep early as I was up at 4am!

Abby has arrived safely in Vitoria. Her dog really missed her! She sent a video of their reunion!

Daily Lovely Insight:

26 Bible Verses about Suffering - ESV - DailyVerses.net

Seek Him First!

Romans 5:3-4 – 94.1 KXOJ

4 comments:

  1. So glad you turned on the AC. It is not a splurge, it’s a necessity. It doesn’t matter what the date is, it matters what the temperature is. It is dangerous and unhealthy to put your body through that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. no kidding Pam, it is NOT a splurge, it is for your sanity I didn't turn on the heat for years and now I have to, can't think when it is too cold

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cold, but you're right... I can't think in the heat! My brain is just like butter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. God made are bodies with warning signals. If you can’t think well, if the heat is exhausting and taking your energy. Then it’s Gods warning signals telling you it’s too hot and you need to drink fluids and turn on the AC.

    ReplyDelete