Monday, July 22, 2024

Approaching Typhoon!

I was up super early... I think I should define what I mean... When I say 'super early', that means before 4am. If I say early, that means I was up by 5am. 

I was thinking I'd only run 5k, depending on the heat... but I actually ran 8k! So, perhaps this week, I will make my 50k. There is news that a typhoon might be hitting the island by late Tuesday night. It is a mild one, but it will dump a lot of rain and perhaps be quite windy. If that's so, I might have to cancel my tutoring for Wednesday. We shall see...

I was thinking about my lack of motivation for running... And I think it's only because of this heat! Once the weather cools down, I think I will want to be out there running more. I still enjoy the time to be alone!

After helping with the recycling, I came home and cleaned up Mom's room and her bathroom. I then settled down to read my student's writing while a simple white cake was baking in the oven. When that was ready, I left for Costco at around 10:30 with the cake!

I was to supply today's lunch for HOP VBS and Costco hot dogs was the plan. I had dropped off all the condiments at church plus the chips. So, off I went and got the hot dogs and drinks and went to church. I wanted to set everything up nicely. There were only seven kids plus three helpers. I then headed back to the Costco area, but this time, I went to RTMart. I wanted to get boxed drinks for all the lunches for these two weeks. I dropped them off and tidied up the area as the kids were finished with lunch and getting ready to start their afternoon program.

I was home by 2:30 and did not go to WGE. Instead, I took a shower and rested. It was so hot outside that riding around in the heat had completely drained me.

Mom was back and I had dinner ready. After she went to bed, I went off to meet up with friends from the UK for dinner. Isaiah joined us, too!

Daily Lovely Insight:

Isaiah 30-15 - Spiritual Wall Art - Bible Verses Art - Minimalist Scripture  2 by Studio Grafiikka

Seek Him First!

Romans 5:3-4 – 94.1 KXOJ

2 comments: