Saturday, August 3, 2024

Extreme Heat!

I got up early but not early enough... I wanted to cover a bit more distance, but no can do! So, this week, I didn't hit 50k!

I was out to pick up the movie tickets down near the train station. The friend bought them for me last night, but I forgot to get them from her.

So, after picking them up, I went to WGE for a quick shower and workout.

I was home and doing Mom Care. Isaiah was laid out on the sofa. He was experience heat stroke!

I gave him some supra and some energy drink and a runner's gel!

Without the evening sleeping pill, Mom was somewhat back to normal, meaning engaging in all her previous bad habits. If you've been following my blog, you understand what I am referring to! It's unfortunate, but such is the current season in my life! No sleeping pill = bad habits. Sleeping pill = lethargic situation and difficulty in walking. SO... maybe for the weekend, give her sleeping pill... and if she goes to the day care center, no sleeping pill!

It was so hot that we turned on the AC for the entire afternoon!

Isaiah was going to go to a puzzle place with Fenny, but he was resting on the sofa and they decided to just have dinner and movie tonight!

I was home with Mom! And I had to be super vigilant. I could not leave her alone! In fact, I had to use her handkerchief to tie her hands together at the dining room table because she was 'out of control'... If you'd like more details, you can private message me and ask! Or leave a comment and ask!

After she went to bed, I was able to relax!

I finished my Bible study homework. I finished a great book: Walking with God through Pain and Suffering by Tim Keller.

And I just rested!

Daily Lovely Insight:

Favorite Verses (Philippians 4:4-8) – Faith and Footsteps

Seek Him First!

Romans 5:3-4 – 94.1 KXOJ

4 comments:

  1. Yes. Try half. Maybe every other day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sleeping pills and tranquilizer type drugs don’t clear out of the system of the elderly as they did when they were young. Try cutting the dose and spacing it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I'm going to try different arrangements...

    ReplyDelete