Tuesday, September 24, 2024

A Tiring Tuesday!

I am serious... 

I was up and out and ran my 8k and then got Mom up... but she was now in her 'can't move' stage. So I had to walk her to the bathroom and help her with the shower. I trimmed her hair and got her into the van. 

When she left, I got everything together and went to church. I had to set up and we had nine ladies. It was a fabulous time. The quiche turned out very nicely!

We read the whole book of Ephesians. We read Acts 19. And we shared prayer requests. 

I got things cleaned up and put away. In two weeks, I will have to ask the other ladies to clean up as I will be starting my Soochow University Bible study, which is at 1pm!

I rushed home and put everything away and rushed to Danhsui as the washing machine guy said that he was going to come. 

I made it there and waited for him. 

He tested the machine and no problem! WHAT??? I had to pay 300NT$! I also shared with him and will be praying for him.

I scootered home, carrying so much stuff! The gal at the Danhsui house had things to donate! I carted everything back on my scooter.

I put everything down and rested for 20 minutes. 

Then Mom was home and at the same time, people came to pick up things that I had posted in the BNT (Buy Nothing Taipei) group! I gave away a DVD player, a CD player, plates, bowls, cups, mugs, speakers, pans... WOW! They took everything. 

Our friends also showed up! This is the friend who has a Filipina helper that she hopes will be working with my mom. Janice is her name... there are lots of logistics... God will have to work everything out. So, now, should I be looking for a place to rent in Neihu? When will the contract begin? Should Mom still go to Day Care maybe two days a week? Lots of details... please pray!

Tonight after Mom went to bed, we were to have Family Time, but Abby forgot! She thought it was Thursday... I don't know how she came up with that... 

Daily Lovely Insight:

Not Of This World on X: "He will bring everything together under the  authority of Christ - everything in heaven and on Earth. - Ephesians 1:10 .  . . #notw #christ #heaven #

Seek Him First!

Romans 5:3-4 – 94.1 KXOJ

5 comments:

  1. So the helper needs a place to stay when she’s not caring for the other people? You are looking for a place to rent? Rent for helper only or will your mom be there on the days the helper is there? I’m confused.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I was thinking... should I rent a place so that Mom and her can live there? But then I came up with another idea. She can live in the old house and Mom can stay here. The old house has no stairs, so they would be stuck in the apartment all day. This way, Janice can come over to help with Mom and Mom can still go to the Day Care Center.

    ReplyDelete
  3. would be bad to be stuck all day!!! or no? I thought t he old apartment has many stairs???

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's why Mom stays here and the helper stays at the old house...

    ReplyDelete