Sunday, June 2, 2024

A Rainy Sunday

I was up early and went out for a walk, which I was also able to get a free errands done, even at 7am, like updating our bank book and paying bills. All the convenience stores can handle that! I also went to the 24 hours Carrefour to buy soy bean milk. 

I was home and went to help with the recycling as our janitor is off on Sunday. And even when he is here, he just does a very poor job! And then I went to throw out a few things in the storage room. I will have to go again to sort through stuff next week and I think I'll be finished by the middle of June!

We went to church early as Isaiah had his Bible study group. I also had lots of free books to give away. It was nice to be there early! I brought Mom's lunch there so she can sit and eat!

Isaiah translated for the sermon... and we were home by 7:30. I again went down to clean up the recycling area before I got Mom to bed!

Daily Lovely Insight:

An interesting thought from today's sermon:

The disciples sat and counted fish because they didn't want to face Jesus as they were ashamed of how they betrayed him at the cross! They went back to doing what they were good at or what they were used to and that's what we often do when faced with a difficult situation.

Take the time to Read John 21:1-14. Let me know what you think!

John 21:11 KJV - Simon Peter went up, and drew the net to land

Seek Him First!

Romans 5:3-4: A Quick Look (Faith produces...)

3 comments:

  1. This was the 3rd time Jesus appeared to the disciples after he was raised from the dead

    ReplyDelete
  2. and you guys can do so much more with 7/11 and stuff, like banking, not here...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it was the third time that Jesus appeared... and He made breakfast for them!

    ReplyDelete