Friday, May 24, 2024

Productive and Exhausting

I was out for my run... 9k... muggy... but at least not the heat!

I got Mom up and off and then helped with the complex.

Alan came home early as he couldn't play tennis... it was sprinkling! So, we were able to leave early to the tax office. We filed our taxes and will be receiving a refund! THANK YOU, JESUS!

Then we went to lunch at Campus Cafe as I had three coupons -- 100NT$ off for every 300NT$. So, we ordered three items... Alan was very hungry!

We then headed home as we didn't have time to pray this morning, our usual prayer time together! We also needed to switch and drive to help out a friend. This couple are planning to move back to the States. They are starting now to declutter. That was a good idea. They packed up our car and we came home and I used the rest of the afternoon and evening, sorting and posting! What a labor of love! I still have lots to give away!

Isaiah went to watch a baseball game -- Fubon Bank against Taiwan Steel! 

Daily Lovely Insight:

Reading the book, Quiet Talks on Power, by S.D. Gordon, he asked a very thought provoking question:

What is the motive that controls me in this? 

'This' means every area of our lives: such as what we eat and how, our drinking or other things we put into our mouth, our dress, the use and care of our body, our recreations, our reading, our conversation, our use of money, our use of time, our life plans and daily plans, our social engagements... 

I sat yesterday, just thinking... Am I living fully to please God or self?

If you can, get a copy of S.D. Gordon's Quiet Talks books... I'd like to get a copy of Quiet Talks on Prayer! He wrote 26 books and 22 of them are part of the Quiet Talks series... 

Top 20 S. D. Gordon Quotes (2024 Update) - QuoteFancy

Seek Him First!

Romans 5:3-4: A Quick Look (Faith produces...)

2 comments:

  1. Dang thinking of the motives give me a headache, always of the world....

    ReplyDelete
  2. and you didnt post how the last bible study was, and the food and the kids...

    ReplyDelete