Wednesday, October 2, 2024

Typhoon Day... They Called It Too Soon...

We might be having another TYPHOON DAY tomorrow... AIYO!

So, on Tuesday night at 8pm, the government announced that we'd have a Typhoon Day: No School, No Work... of course that means NO DAY CARE CENTER for Mom.

I was up early and went out for my run... but it was nice and cool and I didn't need to rush home, so I just decided to run... and I ran 16k... If I had brought water or a gel pack, I think I would have just kept going... The sun did come out and that made it a bit too warm!

I got home and saw that the Naples Missions Team will be leaving this Saturday and they will take the winter items that I've been saving! I also got a call that the recycling people will be coming! YEAH! 

So, first I helped the recycling get everything loaded and then came back home to pull out all the stuff! I packed that black suitcase that Alan came back with: 23.3 KILOS! They just had flooding which devastated them, ruining everything. And these people are already so poor. I gave away my North Face jackets, and turtle necks, and coats... and blankets... 

I got Mom up and she was eating well. Since Alan was home, I drove over to drop off the suitcase. The youth of the church needed a room divider, so I gave that away as well. I stopped at WGE and paid a couple of bills and came home.

Alan and Isaiah went for a massage at 4pm. TWO LUXURIOUS HOURS! I stayed home with Mom.

I cleaned up the house, putting away all the stuff that I had pulled out to get to the winter items! And while I was not paying attention, Mom pulled her diaper and peed... while sitting at the dining room table. So... I had to do a major cleaning and changed the seat that she was sitting on. I think that's going to the dumpster! She was again a bit active and hallucinating. She also had a lot of sputum! What a day... 

At 8pm, the government announced: tomorrow will be another typhoon day! AIYO!!!!

Daily Lovely Insight:

Luke 1:46-47 - Wellspring Christian Ministries

Seek Him First!

Romans 5:3-4 – 94.1 KXOJ

4 comments:

  1. your government controls EVERYTHING !!!! kind of like martial law

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here you would not have to declare payment to anyone unless it was over like $1,000. And it doesn’t make sense, as you need help during the day AND at night. If they are assisting with the day care, why would it matter that you are paying someone directly a few nights a week for the needed help? You are saving the government money by only asking them to help with the daytime hours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They don't want to encourage the less expensive foreign laborers!!!!!!! Local helpers or caretakers are very expensive! So, with the day care system subsidized by the government, if you need additional help, you will hire LOCALS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got it. It’s all about not hiring the foreign workers.

    ReplyDelete