Thursday, October 3, 2024

Typhoon Day... Not My Usual Sabbath Day... WAHHHHHH...

I was up early and went out for my run... 9k and it was only slightly sprinkling with slight gusts of wind... WHY DID THEY CALL ANOTHER TYPHOON DAY????

I was home and got Mom up. She had spit up during the night... what a mess! I gave her a long shower and then proceeded to do a load of laundry! She was hallucinating... and Isaiah felt like Grandma was in the Twilight Zone... She was asking for a salad and chopsticks and reporting on the weather!

Alan had a lunch meeting with a brother from his Bible study group. I tried to work but it was very difficult as I had to constantly keep an eye on Mom. She was talking and then saying she needed to get up to get a fork or a cup, and she would actually attempt to get up. Or she would not use the spoon in her bowl and instead use her hands. I had to jump up and stop her! As soon as she put her spoon down, her next bite would be the use of her hands. I got really good at jumping! Finally, I just stopped trying to work.

I was going to be tutoring tonight, but the wind did get a bit stronger, so the gal decided not to come over! That's ok... it was nice to just sit and read... To end the day like how I would have liked to start my Sabbath on Thursdays!

At 8pm, they DID NOT say another Typhoon Day... Hopefully, Mom will be able to go to the Day Care Center... 

Daily Lovely Insight:

I am reading a book by Max Lucado... I've had this book on my shelf for a while... and I thought it was interesting that he wrote about being caught in the storm of the "not yet". You can read it in John 6:16-17!

John 6:17 got into a boat, and started across the sea to Capernaum. It was  already dark, and Jesus had not yet gone out to them.

And in verse 18, you read:

John 6:18 KJV Bible Verse Images

What happened in verse 19?

Read it... they had to row for about three or four miles... 

The 'not yet'... 

Seek Him First!

Romans 5:3-4 – 94.1 KXOJ 

2 comments: