Thursday, March 31, 2022

Facility's Evaluation!

We went and got Mom's medical records including the psych evaluation at Yang Ming Hospital. The Social Worker at the facility we visited as a possibility for Mom's Long Term Care called me and unfortunately, Mom is considered a 'high maintenance' case. I knew that! Because she's mobile but with limited vision and hearing, she can be 'independent' and yet needs a great amount of assistance to complete most tasks. They want either elderly individuals more able to function independently or those who are less active and more wheelchair bound or bedridden. I'm finding out that the in-between individuals are not what these facilities want. I guess one thing that we can do is hire a Taiwanese caretaker for the time that we are away! That's a possibility. This person must be someone we know and very trustworthy. It will be quite expensive! We will continue to pray and seek the different options.

After going to the facility, Alan, Abby, and I went off and had lunch. Then we were on our way to look for a jacket for Abby when we passed this big sign "BROOKS", buy one get the second one for half price. Alan was kind enough to stop and I hopped off. Wow... I bought six pairs of shoes in under 15 minutes for 5785NT$, which is about 32US$ a pair! YIPPY! I'm 'running happy', even though I did not have time to go for a run and the weather was so nice and cool!

We got back just in time as Mom is back by 5:15. Abby went to do free tutoring and then a workout. She helps her coach with her English ability, free of charge.

After getting Mom to bed, Alan stayed home while I went off to tutor. Not for free! I need to make money for the shoes that I bought! God sustained me because I was super tired!

Daily Lovely Insight:

This was the verse from Wednesday's study! So encouraging!

Sharing The Word 在Twitter 上:"I have fought the good fight, I have finished  the race, I have kept the faith. - 2 Timothy 4:7 #bible #bibleverse  #biblestudy #timothy #keepthefaith #fightthegoodfight #2timothy2

Seek Him First!

2 Peter 3:9 – Daily Verse | KCIS 630

3 comments:

  1. I do... I've been eating oranges to beef up the natural vitamin C to build up my immune system!

    ReplyDelete